THE BIBLE SOCIETY OF INDIA, a premier Christian Organization, requires experienced and competent personnel for the post of Associate Director for the department of Church Relations & Resource Mobilization in the Central Office in Bangalore with responsibility for National Operations. The position is created with a view to absorb the incumbent as Director (CRRM) if his/her performance is found to be satisfactory during the Assessment period.
The person should have the following qualities:
- Be a spiritually matured person displaying a Christ-centred servant leadership, living the values of integrity, service and respect for others.
- Be a direction setter as well as a self starter.
- Be a team leader and a good communicator with decision making abilities.
The job requirements :
- Provide leadership to the CRRM Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies and values are maintained in order to meet and exceed the goals of the Church Relations and Resource Mobilization strategic plan.
- Initiate networking, partnership and friendship programmes for strengthening public relations in church and society aligning with the overarching vision of the Bible Society of India, the most powerful concept and theme being, ‘ The Bible Society of India is The Hand-Maiden of the Church’. This may involve liaison between the Bible Society of India and the general public for matters concerning the purpose of the society.
- Facilitate the Church in India, as a prominent wing of the Bible Society of India, in Scripture Engagement among children, young people and adults in order to enable ”Applying God’s Word in the World’.
- Undertaking extensive travel to Churches and Auxiliaries for Church relations and resource mobilization.
- Research/Develop new fund-raising/resource mobilization strategies to ensure that the Annual National Contributions Goal is met and advise the National Committee accordingly for introducing innovative and creative approaches that are relevant and practical.
- Initiate and develop research for Project Proposals, Project Implementation, Project Reports and Project Visits.
- Enhance the Department to provide training for the staff and volunteers for the implementation of the Bible Engagement and Bible Advocacy Projects and provide information to the National Standing Committee and the General Secretary related to the need for appointment of full-time staff.
- Facilitate Religious Affairs of the Bible Society of India.
- Publish Sowing Circle, an official organ of the Bible Society of India.
The applicant should have a Bachelor/Masters degree from a recognized University and also should be theologically qualified with a Masters/Doctoral degree in any discipline. A specialized training/professional qualification in fundraising and resource mobilization will be an added advantage so also ordination. He/she should have some experience in Church-Public relations and resource mobilization, across cultures. Those who are in the age group of 45 to 55 years and have sufficient experience in reputed organizations may apply.
Pay Scale : Rs. 11900-800-19900-980-34600-1220-46800 plus other allowances : DA - 58% of basic, House Rent – Rs. 10,000/-, CCA– Rs. 1,100/-, Medical – Rs. 1,200/-, Conveyance – Rs. 4,000/- and Children’s Allowance of Rs. 1,000/- per child for children upto the age of 21 years who are unemployed/unmarried.
Age/Salary will be relaxed in deserving cases.
Applications on plain paper with detailed resume including age, education, training, experience, last drawn & expected salary, contact details, church membership, etc., along with copies of certificates/testimonies, a health certificate from a government certified doctor, 2 reference letters and a present passport size photograph should be mailed to the General Secretary, Bible Society of India, LOGOS, 206 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bangalore – 560 001 in a sealed envelope superscribing “Application for the post of Associate Director (CRRM) to reach him on or before October 31, 2018”. Those who are presently working with Churches/Christian Organizations should apply with the endorsement of the concerned Head of the Church/Organization only and those who are presently employed in the BSI, if interested to apply may do so only with the written permission of the General Secretary.