History The History of the Calcutta Auxiliary coincides with the history of the Bible Society of India in its beginning. It was established on 21st February 1811. In later years, in the post independence era, the Calcutta Auxiliary became one of the auxiliaries to function within the jurisdiction of the operation of the Bible Society of India. Significantly the Auxiliary still functions from the same old stately building on Jawaharlal Nehru Road (Chowringhee Road) in Calcutta, as it has done 200 years ago.
Projects And Programs : The Auxiliary now concentrates on Bible work in West Bengal and Sikkim. The Calcutta Auxiliary also looks after the union territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The Auxiliary is making progressive strides to bring knowledge of God’s Word to semi-literate people through the audio and video media. It has already produced audio scripture portions in Bengali.
Women Ministry It has also an active Woman’s group ever willing to work for the cause of the Bible and also raising funds for the Bible cause. They hold Annual Fete and organize the publication of Souvenir. They also organize and participate actively “A DAY WITH THE BIBLE’’ which is a spiritual renewal event in the city.
Contact : If you are interested in procuring Bible and other Scripture items in Print and Audio media, please contact:
The Auxiliary Secretary
Bible Society of India
23, Jawaharlal Nehru Road
Kolkata 700 087
Ph : 033 22491898
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org